Visit of Chancellor Angela Merkel, Ottobeuren 30th. September 2018
The Chancellor visited the Basilica in Ottobeuren, together with the Bavarian governor Markus Söder.
With a team of 30, VIP-Personenschutz was responsible for the comprehensive safeguarding of Chancellor Angela Merkel and Bavarian governor Markus Söder. Our main duties included:
- Inspection of the functions of all press appliances, in order to remove all potentially dangerous objects immediately
- Access security provided by VIP-Personenschutz
- Visitors' admittance security check
- Search for explosives with trained canine units
- Security during the interviews in the Kaiser Saal
The safeguarding of the occasion was effected smoothly and without incident.
Learn more about our exclusive service for members of state under Embassy-Service.